Cosyne Tutorial 2022 - Spiking Neural Networks
Suggested steps before the tutorial
- Download the code and install. Follow the instructions here.
- Watch the presentations to have more time to spend on the exercises.
Suggested reading links
- General, free computational neuroscience resources
- Neuronal Dynamics (Gerstner et al.) - excellent free textbook covers much of part 1.
- SPyTorch tutorial (Zenke) - the place to go for surrogate gradient descent
- Some of my related papers:
- Dynamical systems in neuroscience (Izhikevich) - the definitive reference on the dynamical systems approach, long and unfortunately not free.
- 3Blue1Brown on Neural Networks - good, easy to watch video series on neural networks, backpropagation, etc.
- Brian simulator - it’s quite good you know
- SPyTorch in Julia contributed by Brian DePasquale
Thank you to all the TAs on the course:
- Tomas Fiers
- Brian DePasquale
- Juan Luis Riquelme
- Gregory Handy
- Manuel Beiran
- Yigit Demirag
- Erica Shook
- Guangyao Qi
- Zhenrui Liao
- Albert Qü
- Yuhan Helena Liu
- Klara Kaleb
- Bill Podlaski
- Amelia Christensen
- Friedrich Schuessler
- Richard Gao
- Filip Vercruysse
- Yuhong Echo Liu
- Marcus Ghosh
- Greta Horvathova
- Gabriel Bena
- Rory Byrne